To begin, the RAI worked. I knew that awhile ago, but have not been blogging. Thyroid cancer has a 30% recurrence rate, so every year will be a bit nerve wracking when I have mu body scan. But, for the time being, I am in the clear.
This summer is quickly flying by! We are doing next to nothing, but given the first 6 months of 2012, the next 6 months need be filled with nothing.
I am forever on my quest to save a few dollars. Here is a list of the things we did this week to save, save, save...............
1. Our grocery store has double coupon day on Saturdays, first 10 up to $1.00. Today I saved $20.00 with coupons. My best deal, a box of K-Cups on sale for $2.99, plus $2.00 off.
2. Jimmy Johns had customer appreciation day on Thursday. Subs were $1.00 each. I took the kids out for lunch that day.
3. The dealership we bought our car from sponsors a local concert in the park series. For the last concert, customers were invited to the FREE concert and we received dinner and drinks. Entertainment and dinner all for free.
4. In the past I would take the kids to the local pool and pay to get in. For years I was reluctant to accept our neighbors invitation to let my kids swim in his pool anytime. No more, this summer, the kids have gone swimming everyday for free.
5. We joined a CSA at the beginning of the summer. We are using everything this year, even the gigantic salad turnips that we all hate. No waste this summer.
6. I am filling up my car once a week, on Mondays only. If I am running low, we stay home.
7. As always, paid of the credit cards to avoid interest charges.
8. Washed all laundry in cold water.
9. Several months ago I bought a book of movie vouchers cheap. I used one last weekend to see a movie, by myself. The tickets were paid for months ago, so it felt like it was a free movie.
10. This is a non essential expense, but I can't give up massages. I have terrible sciatica, massages work better than pain killers. I signed up for a monthly membership at Massage Envy. $49 for a massage which is $50 less than I pay now. Savings of $50/month.
I need to be better about charting our savings progress each week.