Sunday, September 13, 2009

Well, I hope to be back. The last 2 weeks have been incredibly busy. The kids started school, in addition to soccer, cross country and swimming lessons. To top that off, I have started working about 20 hours a week. My days are filled and I find myself falling into bed at night exhausted and often times very crabby. I know that once we establish a rhythm to this crazy routine, all will be well. Until then, well, it is any one's guess how well we all handle it.

Since my last post, we ended our post card project. We ended with 97 cards. So close, and yet so far. I am very sad that we did not accomplish our goal of 100 cards. Maybe we can try again next year. My guess though is that the kids will not be interested in doing this next year.

I started working more hours. The extra money is going to be nice. More money coming in, less time to spend it. Seems like a win win situation for everyone.

Alec started middle school. He decided to join the cross country team. It is an excellent way to maintain fitness. It does take up a lot of his time. He has practice everyday 2:45 to 4:30, in addition to his extra homework, it is proving to be a bit difficult for him. Thankfully, it ends on October 8th, which really isn't all that far away.

We hemorrhaged money in August. School registration, school clothes, sports fees, my husbands birthday and the last minute outings I wanted to take my kids on added up, fast! Eric and I both agreed that September and October have to be especially frugal. I guess I better clip more coupons and scan more sales. Time to get our finances under control again.

Finally, 9/11 always makes me so sad. I remember that day so vividly, as we all do. My 3 year old son (now 11) was getting ready for his first day of preschool. I was so scared to drop him off, but felt that it would be best to keep things normal for him. I even remember what I was wearing that day, down to the shoes. I can't even remember what I wore yesterday, but an outfit 8 years ago has left a lasting impact on me. Every year on 9/11, I have that sad day on mind the whole day. It is never far my thoughts. I guess that is how it should be.

Well, off to bed. My days start early, so I try to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment