Monday, November 16, 2009

How to make edible Brussels Sprouts

Tonight for dinner I did the impossible! I made Brussels Sprouts, and I liked them. To get why this is a big deal, one had to understand how much I truly hate Brussels Sprouts. They taste awful, the remind me of little brains and they smell terrible. As one can see, I have a very strong opinion about them. But, our CSA sent them in our last box. Since I do not like to waste food and I believe in frugal living, I was forced to prepare them for tonight's dinner.

This is how I made them. Cut the Sprouts in half, saute them flat side down in oil until they are browned, put them in a baking dish, smother them in balsamic vinegar and bake until blackened. They were delicious, crunchy and tart. I did not detect the taste of sprouts and they smelled like balsamic vinegar, delicious.

Dinner tonight was a nice occasion. We all ate together, at the table. Talked about the day and had many good laughs. My son told us about Super Hero's he is creating based on Pastries. He has hero's based on cupcakes, brownies, croissants, bread, etc. He had so much fun telling about his creations. It was the perfect end to a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment