Thursday, November 5, 2009

Looking for recipes for frugal Meals

As a general rule I try to cook healthy, but frugal meals. My family has a handful of meals that we all really like that are both cheap and good for us. But, we are in a rut. Too much rice, beans, pasta and soup have left me feeling unimaginative and boring when preparing meals for my family. So I am calling out to people to please send suggestions or recipes for simple meals that won't break the bank.

Here is a list of some of our stand by meals:

1. Potato Leek Soup
2. Pasta w/red sauce or sauteed vegetables
3. Various rice and bean recipes
4. Pizza
5. Baked Chicken
6. Vegetable Soup with our left over CSA vegetables
7. Chili
8. Minestrone Soup

As one can see, it is time to liven things up around here. But I am both too busy and tired to start looking for something new. So, I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment