Thursday, March 4, 2010

Frugal Acts - February 2010

So here is a list of things that we did in the month of February that I would consider Frugal:

1. Laundry done in cold water

2. Kept thermostat at 68 during the day, 60 at night

3. Used the library a lot

4. Had several left overs nights

5. Did not eat out for dinner, instead date night was at home. My husband made our meals and we set the kids up in the basement with a movie.

6. Threw away very little food, refer to my fruit dessert blog

7. Used Netflix, we did not give into the temptation of buying a movie On Demand.

8. I am making sure I run errands on the same day instead of going out every day. I am saving a lot on gas.

9. Paid off all credit cards

10. Used coupons and took advantage of sales, especially after Valentines Sales for things like baking mixes and candy for the kids.

My list needs so much work. All the home repairs are getting to me. I just want them done so that we can get back to saving and not spending.


No comments:

Post a Comment