Sunday, July 26, 2009

Camp!

We dropped the kids off at camp today. Yesterday I talked about my fear of something happening to one of my kids. Well, something happened while I was there.

My son saw something in the pond, he walked over to the pond and unknowingly stirred up a wasp nest. He of course walked away without a sting. His 7 year old sister was the first to walk over the angry wasps and got stung twice. My 10 year old daughter who was actually no where near the nest got stung 6 times!! My husband got stung 3 times and I got stung 2 times. My second sting occurred while trying to wrangle a dead wasp out of my daughter's hair. That's right, I got stung by a dead wasp.

It was chaos, screaming children, angry wasps, confused parents and a nurse station busy checking in medications for this week's campers. I wanted to take my children and go home at that point. But, when my daughter calmed down, she was rational. She asked me to take her to her cabin and requested that her father, sister and I go home. Which is what we did.

We left camp at 4:00 pm and at 7:15 I got a call from the nurse at camp. She told me that Hannah is having a fantastic time and that she wanted me to know her stings were much better. I love that kid!! She is forever the optimist. I looked online at the photos the camp is posting daily and it does in fact appear that my kids are having a great time at camp.

One last thing to mention. Ironically, when my son took the Camp Director to the location of the wasp nest he upset, he found a four leaf clover. He has all the luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment