Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home for dinner!

I had to work today! So sad. It was a beautiful day, my kids leave tomorrow, the mall was so slow and to be honest, I just wanted to stay home. But, I had no choice. So at 9:30 a.m., on a Saturday, I left for work while my husband took the kids fishing.

I spent the day feeling left out of the fun. Regretting my decision to offer working on a Saturday (a day I never work). Knowing my family was having fun without me. During my bout with self pity, I forgot that when I work, my husband cooks. I have to mention, my husband is for lack of a better word, an awesome cook. I believe his calling was the Culinary Arts, he disagrees, he is a Software Engineer.

When I walked into the garage, I could smell all the aromatics from the food he was cooking for his family. My very resourceful husband ( I say resourceful because he managed to use so many CSA vegetables) is making Broccoli, Leek and Pea Soup and Basil Chicken Stir Fry. The house smells like a restaurant. The best part of all of this, he does not want any help. So, as he cooks, I blog. The one thing I was hoping he would utilize was the Swiss Chard. Nope, he didn't. So, that vegetable remains in my refrigerator, continuing to be my responsibility to prepare and serve next week. I am still waiting and hoping for recipes. Anyone? Anyone?

Off to the North woods tomorrow to drop off my children. Wish me luck as I do something I have never done before. Leave them alone for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment