Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am so tired tonight. I am ready to say that we have had enough summer already. While I love my children and love having them home, I need a break already.

Monday my mother in law paid us a visit and took the kids school shopping. Her generosity is appreciated, as she bought the kids expensive clothes I would never agree to. I have to remind myself that it brings her joy to give them so much. I found myself a little embarrassed by her extravagance (my daughter got 9 shirts alone).

Tuesday I finally fulfilled the years long promise to take the kids to Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells. It was a great day. However, my two oldest fought constantly, by 8:00 pm I had enough. I punished them by making them clean the house top to bottom, inside and out, yesterday. They did a great job, I think they got the point. That has not stopped them from bickering a little bit today.

Today the kids were free to join the world again so there were kids here all day. They had a good time and left me alone for the most part. Of course, having children around that are not yours can prove to be exhausting, which I am right now. I better build up my strength though, both of my girls are having friends sleep over tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment