Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bookclub

I am starting a mother/daughter book club with my 11 year old daughter. This is a venture that I have been wanting to do for a long time. It never seemed like the right time, but now that she is 11, it seems perfect.

Our first book is Anne of Green Gables. I checked out the one and only copy from our local library and told her to start reading so that I can have it. It was Hannah who suggested that I read it to her. At first I was apprehensive. I read faster in my head, I always get a dry throat, blah, blah, blah. But, I decided that this is her book club to and we will give it a try. So tonight on this cold Wisconsin night, we curled up under a warm blanket on my bed and read the first 2 chapters together. It was wonderful! It was 45 minutes of alone time with my daughter. Uninterrupted and quiet. Thank you Hannah for such a wonderful idea.

1 comment: