Friday, March 26, 2010

What a crazy, stressful, wonderful, hectic week it has been!

Last Friday, I went to see one of my favorite singers, Norah Jones. My husband bought me tickets for her show for Christmas. The condition was that I don't take him with me. He is not a fan. Instead, I took a friend I have had since childhood. We went out for Middle Eastern food before hand and then to the show. It was a great night. Thank you Eric.

Saturday night was my daughter's very belated birthday party. It was a sleepover. She has A LOT of friends! 12 girls were invited, 11 were able to attend, 10 were allowed to sleepover. Including my daughter, we had 11 girls sleeping in our basement. What a fabulous time they had. They decorated pillowcases for a craft, watched a movie, played games, toilet papered my son's bedroom (he was at a friend's house) and got along. I was so impressed with how well mannered the girls were and how kind they are to each other. Sometimes I think we tend to assume that girls will be naturally mean at this age. I don't see it, at all. I kept the cost of the party down. Pizza came from Dominoes with a coupon, supplies from Dollar Store and the movies were netflix.

Sunday, I took the kids to a movie. The much anticipated "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" came out last Friday. All 3 of my kids have read the whole series numerous times. They could not wait another day to see it. Even my sleep deprived daughter wanted to sacrifice a nap and go. It is a really cute movie. My kids say some of it was different from the book. But, doesn't that always happen?

My spring break was this week. I started my 25 page paper. I have a good start, my books and an outline. I think I will be fine and done with plenty of time to spare. My week was filled with cleaning, laundry and work. I found some time for reading for fun. I also took my girls to a local waterpark last night with my daughter's Brownie troop. One thing about Brownies, it can be a frugal moms best friend. Normally the tickets to get in are $25, we got in for $10 and my "brownie" was free.

Today we are driving to Green Bay to visit family. My son has a birthday party to go to tonight. This weekend is filled with soccer, classes, a couple sleepovers and I work.

I look at my past week and think I should be tired or stressed. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I really am blessed to have such a wonderful family and active, happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment