Monday, April 5, 2010

Frugal Acts - March 29 to April 5

1. Recycled old Easter baskets for the kids instead of buying new this year. Total saved, $6.00

2. Made homemade buttermilk instead of running out to buy some that was needed to today. Recipe for it is 1 cup of milk, 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature. Turned out perfect. Total saved, $2.00

3. Family entertainment included board games, movies we have and outside time. Total saved? I don't know.

4. Did not do any unnecessary driving this weekend. I wonder how much I saved on gas?

5. Did not allow myself to go overboard this year when purchasing Easter basket filler. They each got a book, a small gift and a little candy. We also had a small egg hunt for them. I spent about $50 total for all 3 kids. I thought that was pretty good.

6. Made a big Easter breakfast instead of going out. It was a very healthy and delicious breakfast. Total saved, at least $50

7. Did not allow myself to be talked into increasing a monthly donation that we make to a charity we believe in. We are comfortable with what we give. Normally I am easily persuaded on these things. I stood firm. Total saved, $5 per month

8. With the kids being home this week, I cancelled a couple of standing appointments that require pay at the time. Will get back to my schedule next month. I figured that I save $50 this week.

9. My son wants a new basketball. Normally, I would buy it for him. I told him to use a gift card that he received from Grandma to pay for it. Total saved, $20??

10. Instead of pizza night, I defrosted some ground beef and made homemade enchiladas. Total saved, $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment