Monday, May 3, 2010

We have a new car

We had to buy a new car this weekend. A thought that makes me sad. We have not had a car payment in several years. I was used to that, it will be hard to get used to having that bill again.

My husband had the same car for 8 years. It was a car bought used, it was a 1999. He drove that car into the ground. Everything had been replaced, even the costly transmission. This last weekend brought more car problems, which resulted in my husband finally losing his patience and making a decision buy something new.

His choice was a Ford Fusion, not a hybrid. In the end, the financial burden of the hybrid was just going to be too much when you consider that the non hybrid Fusion has pretty good mileage without the hybrid option.

We chose to take out a loan that is a 0.0% APR for 60 months. As hard as it is going to be, we are not going to pay it off early and just take advantage of the "free" money. So, I guess I will need to take a second look at the budget in order to make room for this new bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment