Friday, June 11, 2010

Money Diet Day 11

So far, I have not spent a dime. It is only 1:18 pm, so I still have about 7 hours to make sure I stick to my plan.

Summer vacation is starting the way I thought it would. All of my kids are with friends and not with me. I figure that by next week, they will be up for spending a little time with me? Instead of dwelling on the abandonment, I am enjoying the peace and quiet that I was given and trying to a few things done around the house.

Today I did something that I have never done, my husband will be proud. Maeghan and I already went through all her school supplies, tore used paper out of notebooks and cleaned out the backpack. We boxed it all for fall. I saved the supplies that can be reused and threw away every thing else. What a relief. Usually we put that task off until August when they are getting ready to go back to school. Now, I just have to get the older kids to do the same thing. Maeghan's room is clean and ready for the summer.

Tonight we are grilling hamburgers and eating a meal outdoors. Afterwards we will watch a movie and turn in early. I am really tired, I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. I stayed up late reading think I could sleep in. Instead, I woke up at my regular time. Guess I need to readjust or just stick to my routine.

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment