Thursday, June 3, 2010

Money Diet - Day 3 and a free poetry reading

Today I spent $0.00!! I knew I could do it. My husband on the other hand bought some coffee for his boss and brought home a bag of coffee for the house. All and all, I think we did really good today.

In keeping with the spirit of saving this month, dinner was a concoction of vegetables and chicken, stir fried in my own homemade peanut sauce. It was very good if I do say so myself. I used the yucky (the kids words, not mine) peanut butter up in my sauce. They hate the natural, organic butter that I try to sneak into their diets. They always know, I have given up and now buy the Jif Natural instead. The chicken and vegetable were found in the back of my freezer and refrigerator.

I went to a lovely poetry reading today that was free. My daughter's 5th grade class read poems from poetry books they created as a end of year project. It proved to be highly entertaining and worthwhile. My own Hannah was the source of much of the entertainment. She comes alive when she is in the spotlight. No mumbling, quiet talking or blushing. She was really a star today. Bravo my sweet girl!

Tonight is a big night for me. The season finale of The Real Housewives of NYC is on. I am very sad to see the season come to an end. I watch very little TV, but this is a must see for me. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment