Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome Summer

Today is June 1st, I can't believe it, in my mind summer has arrived. With the new season, comes summer break from school and 3 months of bonding time with my kids. This summer we are not going on a vacation, instead staying home and hosting a foreign exchange student from France. I should mention that while we are not taking a summer vacation as a family, the kids are going to summer camp for a week in August while my husband and I go to a B&B in Door County for a couple days.

I am going to attempt to curb the major spending that has been going on over the last few weeks now that we know we are going to be home for the most part. I assume July will be an expensive month, so June will be the month that we try a "money diet". In other words, lets see how much we can save in June in preparation for the month that we host our student. It seems like this is a good day to start, it is the first of the month so I can start an accurate log of what we spend and save. My goal for today is to not spend any money, we have everything we need for food, my tank is half full and all bills are paid. Let's see if I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment