Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Benefits of a Museum Membership

Today my family went to Chicago to visit the Field Museum. We had never taken our kids to the Field Museum because of the cost. I am not sure about the exact cost, but it was over $20 per adult. We have had a museum membership for years from our public museum, so I had always believed that was good enough. For years I had never read the fine print of the terms of our local membership. Apparently our local membership gets us into the Field Museum and the Adler Planetarium for FREE! So, with this knowledge in hand, we packed up the kids today and took them to the museum. It was a fun day. We saw Sue, the famous T-Rex. We saw some mummies and took in the Chicago skyline.

Total cost for 6 people to spend the day in Chicago - $56 (we bought lunch and had to pay for parking)

Not bad in my opinion for a day in one of Americas most expensive cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment