Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A prize from the garden

Here is a picture of my little girl holding a 4 pound zucchini. This prize came from our own garden. My husband is our family gardener, every year tending to his own plot of land as though it were a child. He provides us with an abundance of food every year, and we are all truly grateful for the yearly gift.

This prize remains in our refrigerator. I am not sure what to do with it, as it is too big to be very tasty. I considered baking more bread with it, but I have already made a couple loaves of zucchini bread that sit untouched (breakfast tomorrow!). I think it is time to search the web and find a great recipe.

Our garden will continue to provide us with free food as summer ends and fall begins. We have potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, and the list goes on. I am looking forward to harvesting and seeing what we were able to create in our own garden (I should say my husband's garden).

No comments:

Post a Comment