Monday, March 30, 2009

The Library

Saturday morning proved to be the start of a difficult day for the kids.  It was a cold morning and we all knew that more snow was on the way.  Living in Wisconsin can be so frustrating this time of year. We have weeks with fluctuating temperatures from as high as 70 degrees and as low as 20 degrees. My kids had a combination of cabin fever and spring fever, which inevitably led to fighting and frustration.  We knew that we had to get the kids out of the house and quick.  After going over the normal list of activities, my husband suggested the library.   The kids reluctantly agreed to going to the library, after we promised to let them play at the park afterwards.  As always, the trip was a great success.

We are very fortunate to have a library rich with current books, movies, computers, music and a play area.  When we arrived, the family scattered to their own areas of interest.  My husband, immediately found the gardening section, my youngest the play area, my middle daughter found a Judy Blume book, my son the graphic novels and I found the cookbooks.  We were all able to spend time alone with the things we like to do or read, while being together.  When all was said and done, we left the library with a pile of movies, books and CD's, all for free!  Best yet, we had a really nice time together.  After the library, we followed through with our promise to go to the park, which was REALLY cold!  But, the kids ran off a lot of excess energy and played together nicely without any fighting.  Always a good thing. 

The local library is such a wonderful resource for anyone, being frugal or not.   My family does not visit it enough, but after our visit Saturday, I plan to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment