Sunday, May 3, 2009

Money Savers April 19th- May 2nd

1.  Made Cream of Asparagus Soup out of the asparagus ends I have been saving and freezing for the last several months,  Every bit of the asparagus stalk was used.

2.  Started limiting showers to 2 minutes for everyone.  We are using a timer.

3. Redeemed several coupons for free items at grocery store.  Dr. Pepper, Kashi Frozen Meal, Yogurt

4.  Though not intentional, saved a lot on gas this week because I had a sick daughter at home.

5.  Participated in Turn of the TV week (for the most part).  I wonder if we will see any savings on the next electric bill?

6.  Resisted the urge to take the kids to the movies last weekend during the rainy weekend and did crafts and board games at home.

7.  Let my daughter start doing some of the cooking.  It required me to use a lot of the pantry staples that I don't use a lot.

8.  My husband has a very large garden started, he worked on it all weekend.  We are going to have a lot of vegetables this summer.

9.  Carpooled with friends  this week, I never do that.

10.  While this is not necessarily frugal, it helps me feel better.  I started to throw a lot of stuff away that is causing clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment