Friday, May 8, 2009

Field Trip to the Milwaukee Public Museum

Yesterday I chaperoned my son's field trip to the museum.  I have to say, I had a fantastic time. Really, I did.  I appreciated the time I had with my son, time with him without his siblings is often times hard to come by.  When I am able to take advantage of an activity that I can do without his sisters being involved, I do it.  Even though it means that it will include 70 other children.

What I enjoyed about yesterday's field trip was the opportunity to watch my son interact with his peers.  I am probably going to sound biased, I am of course, but, my son is growing up to be a great kid.  He really is.  He gets along well with his friends, he is confident, he is well liked and most of all, he is nice.  I was very proud of him, watching him with his friends.  At this point in his childhood, I feel like my husband and I have done a good job in raising a good person.  Isn't that what all parents work hard for?  

I don't want to make him sound perfect.  He was full of mischief, practical jokes forever on his mind, he did participate in normal 11 year old behavior.  But, like I said, it was normal.  Tonight, as I write this post, I am confident in saying that I am very proud of my son.  He is growing up to be fine man.

No comments:

Post a Comment