Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break

Today marks the beginning of Spring Break for my children. My kids are very happy to have a week off, they really need some time off. School really can be stressful, especially in this day and age. I think this is going to be a low key, stressless week for all of us. Of course, my Hannah already has 2 sleep overs planned with 2 friends. One sleep over is tonight, one is tomorrow. I know, too much. But, they are only young once, I am so happy that she has so many nice friends. I want to encourage those friendships.

My parents are coming for a visit this weekend to celebrate Easter. We are all looking forward to their visit. In fact, I am saving the coloring of the Easter eggs for the weekend. I think that it will be a perfect activity for the kids to do with Grandma and Grandpa. I am planning a brunch Sunday morning with muffins, fruit, smoothies, eggs and bacon. Dinner will be an organic roast chicken, sweet potatoes and asparagus, cupcakes for dessert.

My plans for next week include a visit to the museum, a movie, some game and movie nights and maybe lunch with my husband. I really need to keep our plans extremely frugal, our windows are going to be installed on Monday. The final payment is due, our saving account is bleeding. Ugh!!

As we celebrate Easter this weekend, I will take some pictures of the kids to try to post. While I am not a very religious person, I have to admit, I love Easter! The colors, the idea of rebirth and the change of season make me very happy.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment