Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 109 - Get A Massage

Today I got a massage. I love getting massages! Nothing relaxes me more than 90 minutes of massage. Most of the time, my massages are very painful, so I know that I am as stressed as I believe. But, the weird thing is that it is a pain that I like because I know that it is working.

I have terrible sciatica, so I have found that the occasional massage helps with working it out. Other treatments have worked for my sciatica, but nothing works as well as an occasional visit to the massage therapist. I want to start making an occasional visit to a massage therapist part of my year of living better and healthier. I really do believe that it helps. Here is a list of things that I have found that say massage is good for overall health and well being:

1. It relieves pain
2. It relieves tension
3. Relaxes inflamed muscles
4. Improves circulation
5. reduces stress
6. gives you a break from daily chores
7. enhances your mood
8. it is a way to pamper yourself
9. makes a great gift
10. it is rejuvenating
11. I have also heard that massage releases toxins. I believe it because I am always a little dizzy after a long massage.

That is a pretty good list of reasons to get an occasional massage. Today I had a coupon, so I was able to get 90 minutes for $40. That was a great price, in my opinion. Well worth the $40. I received the coupon because April is the month of my birthday. I find that more and more businesses are sending out coupons for free or reduced rate items and services during the month of your birthday. I have few more that I am using this week that I will be blogging about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment