Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 151 - Get The Dogs Ready For Summer

Today my daughter and I gave our 2 dogs a much needed end of winter bath. Good grief, they were filthy! It is funny how one tends to get used to the darker hue of a golden retriever who has not been bathed in awhile. What is more surprising is that we were used to the dog smell that they both had lingering on their bodies. It was a big job, by the time we were done, I am sure that we were wetter than they were. We ended bath time with a brushing, again something they were both in desperate need of.

I also started them on their heart guard medicine today and on their flea and tick stuff. They go off that medicine in the winter. I know, some people believe that dogs should be on the stuff all year. I used to subscribe to that belief. But, the winter freeze kills everything, so I stopped giving them the medicine year round about 4 years ago. They have yet to have a problem.

Tomorrow I will call the vet to make an appointment for their yearly physicals and immunizations. Followed by a call to our local kennel so that they can have a week at the doggy spa while we are on vacation.

Now, my dogs are tuckered out after a long morning of baths, running and playing with our neighbors new puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment