Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 152 - Dry Sheets On The Clothesline

Yesterday I took advantage of the hot sun and swift wind and hung our sheets on the clothesline. Whenever I do that, I look forward to crawling into bed that night to smell the scent that only sun dried sheets seem to have.

I used to hang the clothes out a lot in the summer. My goal was to save money and energy, therefore reducing my carbon footprint. I fell out of the habit by choice. The clothes were always to stiff and towels were like sandpaper. Sadly, I also stopped hanging out the sheets. No more of that. For the rest of the summer, the sheets will be hung out on the weekends to dried by mother nature.

I use Mrs. Meyers laundry detergent when doing my wash. Using that detergent seems to make the scent even better. Right now I am using Lemon Verbena scented detergent. It smells fantastic and gives me a reason to look forward to doing the laundry. Maybe, just maybe, I will try to fall back into the habit of line drying the majority of the wash. I admit that I should be better about reducing all of our carbon footprints. Like so many of us, I become a victim of convenience, not wanting to give up the little luxuries that make life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment