Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I am a lucky woman!  My husband and children went above and beyond the call of duty today.  I woke up to a breakfast, made from scratch, by my wonderful husband.  He made me crepes with berries and homemade whipped cream, veggie sausage, orange juice and coffee.  It was a breakfast fit for a queen and thankfully not served to me in bed.  I don't know what woman likes eating in bed, but I am not one of them.

I received beautiful homemade gifts and cards made for me, with love, from my children.  Thanks kids, you are the best!!  My husband gave me the requisite flowers, which I love and appreciate.

Since today was my day to pick a family activity, I picked the unthinkable, we went to a movie.No not necessarily in the budget, but cheaper than eating a meal out (I think).  We went to Star Trek, surprisingly my choice, I am generally not a sci fi fan, but I heard good things.  I am glad I chose it, we had a good time, my husband and son loved, as did I.  My daughters, not so much.  I believe I heard the words boring, longest movie ever, lots of choking and "they sure did beat up Kirk a lot".  I pointed out to the girls that I have sat through more teeny bopper movies than any 30 something woman should be allowed, so their opinion meant very little to me.  I of course said it in a much nicer way, but, that was the general message.

My husband ended the evening by making me an authentic Italian dinner.  Bread soup, Chicken Parmesan and Caprice Salad.  It was a wonderful Mother's Day.

I hope to get back to more consistent blogging in the next couple of weeks, when my kids schedules are not so demanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment