Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28 - The Importance of Stretching

My muscles are very tight. I am not at all flexible, making exercise uncomfortable at times. I plan on changing that this year. I started yoga earlier this week, I also started to take a class that is simply stretching. That is all, stretching. I was appalled at how truly inflexible I am.

The class I am taking meets once a week in the evening. It seems very relaxing and beneficial. I know that it really is time for me to make this part of working out a priority, so I plan on doing just that. Simple stretching can lengthen your muscles, therefore making daily activities easier. It increases your range of motion, reduces muscle tension, improves coordination, increases blood circulation and increase energy levels. All of these things are areas of my life in which I need improvement, especially coordination!


No comments:

Post a Comment