Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 - Play Sudoku

I have a very irrational fear of getting Alzheimer's. I don't know where it comes from or why. I have never had a relative get this devastating disease, I do know people who suffer from it. I also know people whose loved ones suffer from Alzheimer's.

Sometimes I worry that my ongoing forgetfulness is sign that I have it or will get it. My own 12 year old daughter has told me that she thinks I have it. Of course, I think she is kidding. Some may wonder why I have such a fear. Well, the problem for me is that I think I love my kids almost too much. The idea of ending my life not knowing who they are can put me into a panic. I have done a lot of reading and research on how to help prevent this disease from occurring. One of the things they say to do is keep your brain active. That is why I have started to play Sudoku, a lot.

I bought a Sudoku puzzle book at the beginning of the year and have become quite good at it. I actually enjoy doing the puzzles which is a shock since they are number puzzles. But I really like doing it and it keeps me thinking hard. I feel like it is a small step in the quest to keep Alzheimer's away. As the year goes on I will write blogs about foods and exercise I am starting to implement into my life to help as well. Now if I could go just 1 day without calling at least one of my children by the wrong name I would feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment