Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29 - Get A Fitness Evaluation

The sports club that we joined offers a free fitness evaluation, so I decided to take advantage of the offer. This is something that I have been wanting to do for awhile now, but the fear of what I would be told prevented me. Today I did not allow fear to rule and went in knowing that I would not be happy with all of the results.

To begin, I was told I need to lose weight. No big surprise. The only surprise was that my weight was not nearly as bad as I had thought. I still wear clothes from misses section, as I have never need to go to the plus sizes which makes me feel better. Regardless, I need to shed a few pounds. A little exercise and a smaller portions should take care of that.

My blood pressure is fine! I am one of those people who will have a spike in blood pressure as soon as the cuff is put on my arm. The fear of having high blood pressure causes mine to rise. Since I was not expecting a blood pressure reading, I didn't have time to get worked up about so it was normal. Therefore, that part of my health is fine!

I had to have a heart monitor on while riding a stationary bike. My reading came back as being in bad shape in this area. But, my legs were not sore and my heart rate stayed normal. The person who did the fitness test thinks that because I usually ride an elliptical my results were not accurate.

I am not flexible. I knew that, I have never been flexible and never will be. But, I fell in the average range for flexibility which truly shocked me!

My bicep strength was also average. Again, big surprise. I expected to be told that I was a weakling who needed to lift more weight. I need to add strength training, but don't we all.

Finally I was told my real age is the same as my chronological age, 39. The woman told me that she had never seen that before. I could be 15 years younger if I implemented some changes, which I plan on doing. But I could also be 15 years older if I was fatter! So, I guess things are not as bad as I had thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment