Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47 - Read Daily

Okay, so this is a really easy one for me and probably shouldn't even be on my list. I read every day, pretty much without fail. There are very few things in life that bring me as much pleasure as reading a really good book. I always have a stack of novels on my nightstand waiting to be read. The problem for me is usually what to choose.

I have always been like this. As a child I would read instead of studying and doing homework. An explanation for my dismal grades. My parents thought I was trying to accomplish something in the solitude of my room. Instead, I was immersed in a novel that had nothing to do with the subject I was suppose to be studying. In retrospect it was not a good choice, but I did get into a good college and I am a happy adult. No, I did not get everything I should have from 7th grade Earth Science. But, do any of us really actually care about that? Probably not, I was instead engrossed in a Judy Blume novel that was probably beyond my years.

My goal for this year will be to try and read more classics. I shy away from English Gothic novels because I always imagine that the characters are so cold. I mean, literally cold. The era seems so dark and without heat. I know, sounds crazy, but that is why I resist. This year I am going to give it a try and I will blog about my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment