Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 48 - Keep The Gas Tank Full

I am notoriously bad about letting my gas tank get down to empty. I then let the light go on and I watch the the gauge go down, way down. I don't know why I am like this. Am I lazy? Do I like to test the limits? Do I want to be like Cramer from Seinfeld when he drove a car as far as he could on empty? Oh, all right, I am lazy when it comes to my gas tank.

Thankfully, I have only run out of gas twice! A miracle as far as I am concerned. But, several times a month I find myself more than a little concerned that I could run out of gas at any given moment. I feel my stress level go up and ask myself why did I do this to myself again? It is such an easy fix, but clearly I suffer from some kind mental block.

So today, I vow that I will TRY not to let my gas tank go down to empty. At the very least, when I see the light go on, I will find a gas station and I will fill my tank. No excuses. I need to act like a grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment