Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 60 - Drink Pomegranate Juice

I am drinking Pomegranate juice everyday. I love the taste of it and while it is expensive, I believe the health benefits make up for the cost. Here is a list of some of the benefits of Pomegranate juice:

1. Can help prevent osteoarthritis
2. Can help protect your arteries
3. May help in the prevention of Alzheimer's. Refer to an earlier post about my fear of getting this disease.
4. Lower cholesterol
5. Lowers blood pressure
6. May prevent dental plaque
7. Fights breast cancer
8. Lung cancer prevention. I don't smoke, but I live in an area with a lot of radon. So, I need to be aware of this cancer.

There are other benefits that are irrelevant to me, but I will post them anyway:

1. Keeps PSA levels stable. Since I am not a man, I don't need to worry about this benefit.
2. Slows prostate cancer - again, not a man, so no prostate here.
3. Protects the neonatal brain. No more babies in my future.

I have a glass of pomegranate juice every morning with my breakfast. I always feel very healthy after having my daily glass. I will continue to drink it daily, hoping that the health benefits that I keep reading about are in fact true.

No comments:

Post a Comment