Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66 - Drive Less, Save Gas

This one should come as no surprise. Gas prices are going up, way up. So, today I stayed home to save a little bit on gas. I was going to work out this morning, but decided to workout at home and go tomorrow. I am going tomorrow because I have to go out any way for an appointment.

If predictions come true, gas will be very expensive come summer. So, I am planning on getting used to the idea of staying close to home in order to save on gas. Today proved to be a very productive day. I cleaned all the bathrooms, mopped, cleaned both of my daughter's rooms. I also washed all the bedding and made the beds. I got a lot more done than I would have had I gone out this morning.

Tonight I will have to take the kids to music lessons, so a no drive day is not an option, yet. My plan is to take a look at my calendar once a week and find ONE day where I can get away with not driving. That day is still several weeks away I guess, but with a little effort and planning I am betting I can do it. Look for a post about that in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment