Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 70 - Volunteer At My Daughter's School, More

Today I did something that I find to be absolutely exhausting, I volunteered to help with Math Games at my 3rd grader's school. I try to volunteer once a month, but I don't always achieve that goal. I have to be honest, work with kids under the age of 10 can be both frustrating while being a lot of fun. They are getting old enough to talk back and have minds of their own. But, they still have that little kid look to them that makes them very cute. Not to mention, they say the funniest things!

My youngest is the only one who still wants me to volunteer my time in her classroom. In fact, she still runs up to me when I walk into the room and gives me a hug. It makes me feel so good when she does that, she really wants to see me. Today was no exception to that, I got a hug from her that made my day!

The school year is quickly coming to an end. My goal for the rest of this school year and the first half of next year will be to volunteer a little bit more, for her class that is. You will not catch me volunteering at the school Carnival, Auction or the Olympics that happen on the last day of school. To be honest, I would rather eat glass than spend a Friday night at the Carnival let alone volunteering at it. But, chaperoning a field trip or helping out in the classroom makes me a happy person and gives me an opportunity to see my daughter during the day, with her peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment