Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71 - Mother Daughter Book Club

Today I have been trying desperately to finish the book that I need to finish for tomorrow's Mother/Daughter Book Club. I started our book club a year ago. My intention when I started it was to have a reason to share a story with my daughter once a month. Something that she loves to read, that I have made a commitment to read as well and we can talk about it. I have found that I really like the books that we read. I also appreciate the time that we spend together for just one hour once a month with other mothers and daughters who also share a love of reading.

I imagine that the book club will continue with the same group of girls that we have right now for another 2-3 years. When those girls depart, my own daughter included, I hope that my younger daughter will be ready to pick up where Hannah left off. That way, I can continue with a club that I started and find that I really love.

Today, when in the car, Hannah told me between texting how much she likes spending time with me. It seems ironic that while texting she discloses this to me. But, I appreciate it and know that while she is breaking away from me, this one date that we have once a month is something that she looks forward to. I look forward to book club as much as she seems to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment