Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 85 - Take A Little Trip

This weekend I took a little trip to the thriving metropolis that is Green Bay Wisconsin. Unexpected circumstances dictated that my girls and I head north for the weekend, so I decided to utilize the opportunity for some one on one time with my daughters, especially my youngest.

After dropping my older daughter off with a friend, Maeghan and I headed to out hotel that has a water park in it for some swimming. After she jumped in the pool, I decided that it would be best if I visit the bar in the pool area for an adult drink (the only one of the weekend). It was my second visit to a water park in one week. Two days earlier I spent 3 hours at a water park for a Brownie field trip. A drink of some kind was clearly in order if I was going to spend another 3 hours at a water park with screaming children that were not my own. Thankfully, Maeghan is a competent swimmer, which was not hard, as the deepest water was only 4 feet! Because of this, I was able to sit my self down and read my book while enjoying my drink. It was heavenly, and Maeghan was able to go down the same slid at least 100 times before telling me she was done swimming!

After returning to our room for a snack and some cartoons, we went out to her favorite restaurant for her favorite meal. Applebee's for their world famous corn dogs and sliced apples. She ended her meal with a hot fudge sundae. After a trip to the bookstore for a new book, we returned to our room so that she could read and I could take a bubble bath. Since she was more excited about her book find than I have seen her in a long time, I was able to enjoy a bath without guilt.

The next day, we woke up to her favorite breakfast, donuts, a rare treat for her. We picked up her sister and headed home. Of course only after a stop at The American Girl outlet. Her doll needed something.

It was a great weekend. I love the alone time with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment