Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 142 - Fire Up The Grill

Well, I didn't fire up the grill. But, my husband did. This feels like the official start to summer. When the grill is used, and in our house it is used almost nightly in summer, warm weather is here. The smell of meat cooked on a charcoal grill is one those smells that always reminds me of summer, friends and swimming. It was a long winter, which seemed to spill into Spring. We have had a very wet and cold Spring, forcing those of us who love to grill to continue to use our ovens longer than anticipated. Tonight we had hamburgers (my first beef in a couple weeks) with blue cheese, potatoes and a salad. It was a delicious summer meal that tells me that the best of 2011 is yet to come. Here is to a fun summer that we all deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment