Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144 - I Passed!!!

So today I passed my last exam in a series of exams I have been taking to embark on my new career, which will be, drum roll please..........selling insurance! Wow, doesn't that sound exciting?!?!?

Insurance found me. I was in the insurance biz before kids, when I left I thought that would be the end. But, after a fumbled attempt at a Master's Degree to teach History, for those who wonder why I am not teaching I have 4 words, I live in Wisconsin. Our state budget is in the national spot light and teachers seem to be losing their jobs. I saw no point in getting at the end of a long line of qualified teachers to fight for a job that I would probably never get. So, after posting my resume, an insurance company called me and presented me with an offer to get my insurance license and sell. The rest they say is History!

So, my first love, history, will be my hobby. Insurance, an industry that I know better than I should, will be my career. Life is short, I know very few people who LOVE their jobs, but I know a lot who like their jobs. I am betting I will fall into that category. I get to set my own hours, which is a plus. So, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment