Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 171 - Happy Father's Day

Today I gave my husband what he thought was a nice Father's Day. I let him sleep until 10:00 am, a luxury we all know in the world of parenting. I, however, got up early and made him one of his favorite breakfast. Eggs with chorizo sausage and cheese, toast, fruit and coffee. A very yummy breakfast if I do say so myself. His gift from all of us was a nice fold out chair to take to the kids soccer games, it even has a cup holder! We went to see The Green Lantern, a movie that I loved, thanks Ryan Reynolds!

After the movie, we came home, he had a Bloody Mary with a super spicy mix that I knew he would like, which he did. I had a glass of wine and we had some quiet time, before the kids came into the room and started in on us! Dinner was a New York Strip, baked potato, asparagus and salad. It was absolutely delicious. Sorry Eric, I know you had to do the grilling, but having me grill would cause a fire. Dessert will be a tradition on Father's Day, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins.

I hope my husband had a great Father's Day. I love him dearly and so do the kids. Happy Father's Day to a wonderful husband, father and provider. You make us happy every day .

No comments:

Post a Comment