Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 174 - Continue To Make Time For Family

So, I have talked a lot about the fact that I am working again. So far, we are all adjusting to the change. One thing I have failed to mention is that I have a flexible schedule. I am really lucky with that. The last 3 weeks have been a change for the kids, especially as we start summer. The kids were always used to me being home during the summer months. I have been feeling a bit guilty that I cannot give them the time that we are all used to spending together during these summer months.

My daughters have been really busy so far. Not being at home a lot because of camps that I have signed them up for. My son on the other hand, has been at home bored. He is at the age where he is a little too old for camps. He is also at the age where his friends are also at home, bored because of working parents. Because we live in a spread out suburb that makes riding bikes to friends homes impossible, these boys all seemed to be trapped at home. I feel so bad:(

Yesterday I promised my son that I would leave work at 12:00 and that we would go to a movie today. I kept my promise and at 12:00 I left work, I got home at 12:30 and we were sitting in a theatre at 1:00 to watch Super 8. It was a great movie to see with a son who loves action films.

I made a promise to myself and my family that I will not EVER put them on the back burner. When I get home, work will stay at home. When I say I will spend time with them, I will spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment