Saturday, April 18, 2009

Money Savers April 5th-18th

1.  In spite of being $30.00 over my grocery budget for the month, I shopped my pantry and freezer for many of our meals.  I think that I better seriously reconsider the $400/month budget!

2.  Started line drying our laundry

3.  Utilized FREE places to visit while kids were home for Spring Break.  We have been to the park 3 times this week.

4.  Had friends over for dinner and made a simple meal, instead of going out for a costly meal and hiring a babysitter.

5.  Allowed my son to take a week off from music lessons during Spring break.  Saved us $63.00

6.  Bought my daughter a dress for father/daughter dance with a %50 off coupon.  Dress was $40, I got it for $20.

7.  Started walking with a friend for exercise.  I think I will be able to cancel the costly gym membership.  Walking is free!

8.  Utilized all the coupons I have gotten from merchants this month for my birthday.  Free lunch at Noodles, free lotion at Aveda, $10 gift card from Chicos, etc.... The list goes on.  

9.  Used birthday money from in laws for a treat for myself.  A pedicure.  Okay, I know not frugal, but I am using money that was given to me for me.  

10.  Went to Mall of America and spent only $15.00.  

No comments:

Post a Comment