Saturday, January 9, 2010

Peapod.com

Today I had a delivery of groceries from peapod.com. Can I just say that I LOVE IT!! I know, some would say that grocery delivery is probably not that frugal. But, I would disagree with that. Let me state here that I hate grocery shopping, with a passion. To me it is the single worst chore that any housewife has to endure. So, any excuse to get out of it I am all over.

I have had deliveries from peapod in the past during times when I could not make it to the grocery store. Times when the weather is terrible, or when I have an ongoing stretch of sick kids. This time I had a delivery just to see how it would effect my weekly routine when all is well and things are normal. I think I am hooked. Now I will state the reasons why I think this service is frugal and practical.

1. Prices are competitive. They had the same kind of sales going on that the local grocery store has going on right now.

2. Discounts are given for using checking, choosing specific delivery times and using E-coupons.

3. While there is a delivery fee and fuel surcharge, I believe the benefit of not having to bag my groceries and carry them into the house outweighs the $7.50 I paid for those 2 fees.

4. It took me 15 minutes to grocery shop in the comfort of my home. The time savings alone is priceless.

5. I did not buy one thing based on impulse. I wonder how much that saved me?

6. I had next weeks meal plan in front of me and was able to type in what I needed. I was directed to the needed items without having to search the store.

7. Peapod takes coupons

8. They took the bags with them, while my groceries were being carried into my house I was unloading and giving them the bags. I was done with unloading my groceries in 10 minutes.

9. The products are high quality, the same stuff you find at the grocery store.

I am hooked. A week of grocery shopping took me 25 minutes total. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Grocery shopping does not have to suck. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment