Thursday, January 7, 2010

Progress!!!

I got on the scale this morning. I have lost 2 pounds since last Friday. I know, I should have waited until tomorrow, but I needed to see some progress. This first week real dieting has not been as bad as I had thought it would be. Today I am not going to "exercise". Nine inches of snow is expected to fall, so I am going to shovel instead of getting on the elliptical. I figure I will probably burn more calories shoveling anyway.

I start school in 2 weeks. With the increase in responsibilities, I foresee issues with getting a hot meal on the table every night. So, I am planning on using the crock pot, a lot. I am looking for some taste tested, kid approved, crock pot recipes for the nights I know that cooking will be a challenge for the whole family.

The weekend is quickly approaching! Where does the time go? My husband and I are planning another date night on Saturday. Time to pull out the Entertainment Book and find a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for dinner. Last weekend we payed full price for dinner, we will not be doing that again. The Entertainment Book is full of coupons for some very nice restaurants throughout the metro area. Milwaukee really does have some very nice restaurants. People are often surprised about that fact.

Time to go outside and do the first round of shoveling. We are really getting a lot of snow today. No complaints from me. This is all part of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment