Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31 - Start Strength Training

Today I started to lift weights. Ugh! How I hate lifting weights. I never understand the logic that says pushing your muscles to absolute fatigue, requiring at least 48 hours for recovery is good for you. But, I know that I am not an expert in this area and that I need to listen to what the experts say and lift weights.

Today my routine consisted of biceps, triceps, hamstrings, back, abs and that big muscle in the back of your leg. I have no idea what the official name is. I just know that working that muscle out hurts and that I don't like it. I was told that since I did this today, I don't need to lift any weights tomorrow, which I am really happy about!

I need to implement strength training into my weekly routine. I have known that for years, we all do. I have tried several times to pick it up, but I am not a strong person to begin with. Because of that, it is so painful and uncomfortable for me. Time for me to get over it and start to improve my overall health.

The benefits of strength training or endless. It increases muscle mass, improves flexibility and makes ones overall health better. I know the benefits are greater than the list I made, but a few reasons really should be all I need. I will make strength training a habit and part of my routine to improving my life and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment