Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33 - Enjoy A Snow Day With My Kids

For those of you who live anywhere between Texas and the East Coast, you know we got a storm! Wisconsin and the midwest got hammered last night. I have never seen so much snow fall in one night, ever. That is saying a lot since I was born and raised in Wisconsin. Snow takes up much of our year. I learned how to drive in snow and tend to laugh when I hear about places that cancel school for an inch of snow. It is not a mean spirited laugh, just disbelief because it takes so much to cancel school here. Which brings me to my point, school is cancelled today. My husband is also home from work, good thing because we can't even get out of our driveway now.

Today I let the kids sleep in. We are going to shovel, play outside until the sub zero temps get here (rumor is that will be soon). Then we will have some hot cocoa and watch a movie. Today is going to be about simplicity and enjoying a childhood ritual, enjoying a beloved snow day. Today's snow day is for all of us, not just the kids. I am excited, I can't remember the last time I had hot cocoa! I will have to remember to have a lactaid with it, otherwise I will be paying for that dearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment