Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36 - Buy A Sound Therapy Machine

So, I know that sounds stupid. But, I like white noise when I sleep. I sleep sounder and better. My husband feels the same way. For years we have used a fan for white noise. That works great in the summer. But, during a Wisconsin winter a fan is proving to be very, very cold. I don't like it at all. My frugal side has prevented me from buying a sound machine for years. Let's face it, they are not cheap. A fan is cheaper, but like I said, they are cold!

Today while at the mall, I passed Brookstone and decided to just look. I stared at that machine for awhile, going over the pros and cons of buying it. I finally decided that life is short, it is something I have been wanting for a few years and that it was for my overall well being. I finally did it and it is now set up in my bedroom. It has 12 different sound settings, so I am kind of excited to hear something besides a fan.

This is part of my ongoing sleep hygiene improvement. I talked in my first post about my lifelong insomnia. I take OTC sleep medication if I feel sleeping will be an issue. I only use them when necessary. But, I would like to get to a point in my life where I don't need to rely on those at times. My overall goal is to be free of all medication and to go purely homeopathic. But that is for a later post. For tonight, I believe I will sleep very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment