Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32 - Drink Green Tea

Over the last month I have made a cup of green tea a part of my daily routine. Since January 1st I do not believe I have missed a single day. Implementing green tea into my diet was not at all hard to do. In fact, before starting this year long mission, green tea had already been a component of my diet. I like the taste of it and I like the idea of a cup of hot tea in afternoon before the kids get home. It calms my nerves and relaxes me.

Science has told us that green tea has a lot of health benefits. The main one being it's abundance of antioxidants. I am not sure what the exact antioxidants are, I don't think I even care, I just know that they are there and that to drink tea will give them to me.

I do not limit my tea consumption to green tea. I also have a cup of herbal tea, every night before bed. This is a routine that I have followed for years. Rarely do I miss a night of tea. I think my body knows that when I have had my tea it is time to start winding down for bed. It is weird to think that the act of one simple routine can add so much to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment