Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6 - When Packing, Pack Light

Today I am leaving for a weekend mother/daughter weekend to New York City. My mom and I are going with a friend of mine and her mom. It is going to be a lot of fun.

In the past when I pack for a trip, I always over pack. By the end of the trip I find that I haven't worn half of what I brought because I pack for every little scenario. Yesterday when I packed, I was smarter. I looked at the the weather forecast and based my decisions on the weather only. I have 4 shirts and 2 pairs of pants, 1 pair of pj's, 3 socks and underwear. For once, I have the right sized carry on toiletries in an appropriate see through bag. I condensed everything from my purse into a very small purse that can easily fit into a larger bag that I can take on the plane. My luggage is carry on only, saving me some cash and time at the airport. My bags are light this time, organized and ready to go. I feel like I packed right for the first time ever because I took the time and effort yesterday to do it right. In the past, I just did it at the last minute.

My goal when I get home on Sunday is to unpack right away and to put my suitcase in the basement where it belongs. I have a habit of letting the bag sit unpacked for a day and then leaving the suitcase in my room for days, sometimes weeks before putting it back. Looking back, that seems really stupid since it takes less than a minute to take it to basement and put it in the right spot.

I am hoping that I can blog from my Iphone over the weekend so that I can post about my vacation. I know that the next 3 days will provide a lot in the way of making my life happier and healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment