Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 - Walk 30 minutes, EVERYDAY

I need to walk 30 minutes everyday, no excuses. I am really hit or miss on this. I find tons of excuses all the time to get out of walking. It is either too cold or too hot. Too early in the morning or too late at night. I am tired or busy or just need to get one more thing done. I need to stop with the excuses.

Walking just 30 minutes a day lowers blood pressure, raises your heart rate, helps in sleeping at night and can help keep depression away. One would think that these reasons alone would give me the incentive to get my butt outside and walk.

As the year continues, I plan on increasing my walk to an hour a day, in addition to adding more cardio work to my daily routine. But, for today, as I start my journey, my walk will be 30 minutes. I live in Wisconsin and it is really cold out there today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment