Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52 - Take A News Fast

I need to stop watching the news. It is all so very depressing! The Middle East is in crisis and my own state, Wisconsin, is our national headline news everyday it seems. Personally, I don't know why everyone can't just get along and why compromise is a word that seems to have been deleted from the English language without anyone telling me.

I am not in a position where I can take a full week off from the news. I have kids in the Wisconsin public school system, given the severity of the partisan relations in Madison, to ignore it would be irresponsible. Plus, I will need to know if a teacher's strike starts. But, I do think it is probably time for me to take a day or 2 off from the madness. I already watched a little bit this morning. But, starting now, until Wednesday morning, I am going to ignore the news and the bickering that is going on all over. That means that once I am done with this blog, I am going to turn away from the computer, ignoring CNN.com. Maybe in a couple days, when I allow myself to see the news again, everyone will have compromised and will be getting along. I guess we can all wish for the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment