Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 88 - Eat More Beans

That's right, time to eat some more beans. Here is a list of the nutritional benefits to having beans in your diet:

1. fiber
2. protein
3. helps with weight loss
4. helps control appetite
5. loaded with nutrients
6. Inexpensive
7. variety
8. versatile
9. delicious!

Tonight I am making a vegetarian chili that is going to be loaded with beans. Yummy! Better have the Beano ready to go. My family rarely complains when I make a vegetarian chili. The kids all seem to like beans and vary rarely do they argue about that night's dinner. I am lucky.

For the next few weeks I am going to try very hard to implement beans into more of our daily foods. I know that they can be added to salads, pasta's, soups and dips. With this knowledge, it shouldn't be too difficult to feed my family healthy and nutritious meals that are filled with this inexpensive little food.

No comments:

Post a Comment